YouTube has been keeping track of its users watch history for a while. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, there is a record of all the videos you have been watching on YouTube. Your watch history is viewable only from your account. This means that only you, and of course Google, have access to your YouTube watch history. Continue reading
At Tech Blog, we’re delighted to let you know that you can embed Facebook posts directly into posts and pages on your blog or website. Facebook introduced a social plugin called ‘Embed Posts’.
This plugin lets you easily add public posts from Facebook to your blog or web site.
If the post is public, click the “Embed Post” option in the drop down menu: Continue reading
A supposed manual for the phone has leaked at Nowwhereelse.fr. This manual shows Apple’s new iPhone has a different home button with a silver ring.
The home button is labeled as a “Touch ID,” which would presumably be Apple’s new fingerprint scanning technology.
As with all leaks, you should be skeptical. We’re only a few hours from the official event so we’ll know soon enough if it’s legit.
If the iPhone 5S home button lives up to its reputation, it pulls double duty as a fingerprint scanner. Continue reading
Poor battery life has the biggest impact on smartphone consumer satisfaction. The more functionality we pack into our smartphones, the more power they need to run.
Running out of juice is still the number one annoyance for smartphone owners. We’re not much closer to long lasting smartphone batteries, because we’re still reliant on the same old technology.
While we wait for the hardware development to catch up, the alternative will be to conserve battery life.
As it is with our energy levels, battery life can be effectively utilized and managed, leaving nothing to go to waste. Continue reading
A smartwatch or smart watch, alternatively known as a watch phone, is a computerized wristwatch with functionality enhanced beyond timekeeping, often with features comparable to a PDA. While early models were capable of performing basic tasks like calculations, translations, or playing games, modern smartwatches are effectively wearable computers.
The emerging wearable computing market, in the form of smartwatches and smart glasses, has proven to developers and manufacturers that consumers are seeking to make data creation and consumption even more convenient than it already is.
As Apple, Microsoft, Google and Samsung are battling it out, the interest in the future of the wrist – from Tim Cook and his fiercest rivals’ companies – is genuine, as are the questions around the category’s future. Continue reading
The PDF (Portable document format) file format was originally created by Adobe in the early ’90s and there are now over 700+ million PDF documents on the Internet according to Google.
The main goal was to become the standard for the any kind of transmission
of large documents. Everyone, from business owners and educators to government personnel use the PDF file to transmit large documents.
There are several reasons why the PDF file format is very popular.
- PDF files are generally more compact (smaller in size) than the source document and they preserve the original formatting.
- Unlike Word and other popular document formats, the content of a PDF file cannot be modified easily. You can also prevent other users from printing or copying text from PDF documents.
- You can open a PDF file on any computer or mobile device with free software like Adobe Acrobat Reader. Google Chrome can read PDFs without requiring plugins and it can create PDFs.
- This is a very tricky process and one may easily destroy a document in the process of editing PDF files.
- PDF files are an accurate representation of a document. They are meant for output or on-screen viewing.
- They are not intended to be intermediate files that can still be edited. But what if the PDF file contains grammar and spelling mistakes? Such a document simply cannot represent your business and needs to be edited. Whenever possible, try to make the changes in the Word file, and recreate the PDF from it.
Edit PDF Files using Free Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat
The storyboard for any video you watch on the Youtube website is automatically downloaded in the background. The Print YouTube bookmarklet from labnol.org stitches all these storyboard frames as one large poster as shown in the video demo below.
To get started, drag the below bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar.
These storyboards offer a visual summary of videos.
Are you being consistent with your branding across your blog, social media sites, and videos? Have you ensured that if your video is being shared that it is branded with your logo?
You can use any video editing software to add logos or watermarks to your videos before uploading them to YouTube
Youtube allow you to add your logo to all of your already uploaded videos. This very important feature will help set you apart from others in your niche.
This feature is called InVideo Programming that will help you add any custom image to all your Youtube videos with a few clicks without having to edit the original video.
You can choose to display the logo at the start of the video, somewhere in the middle or even for the entire duration of the video. Also, the logo can be placed in either corners of the YouTube player.
Get some free logos from here
This is a software utility that helps users copy files of any type between any two computers (PC-PC, PC-Mac, Mac-Mac) over your Wi-Fi network. The transfer speeds are high and there are no limits to the size of file you can transfer.
You can also transfer entire folders from one computer to another without having to zip them first.
The Google Keyword Tool has officially been retired. This change has sparked mixed reactions. There are positive and negative aspects to being forced to use the Keyword Planner instead of the Keyword Tool.
Advantages Of The Keyword Planner
- The Keyword Planner allows local SEO and SEM professionals to get keyword search volume data.
- Users are able to upload up to 10,000 keywords from their own list to get performance data.
- Keyword Planner will show search volumes by ad group, landing page and any other categorization set by the user.
Negatives Of The Keyword Planner
- The Keyword Planner forces users to login to an AdWords account in order to use it.
- The Keyword Planner has no match type data for search volume
- The keyword Planner has no device targeting
- There are no global vs. local monthly searches.
- Currently, the option to filter by closely related search terms is gone, but Google says it will be brought back in the coming weeks.